Mahesh Krishnan - email@example.com
Qualification : FCA, DISA, ICWAI, CIMA (UK)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers : 1993 - 1999
- KPMG Peat Marwick : 1999 - 2002
- R.G.N. Price & Co. : 2003 onwards
: Over 15 Years
- Finalised statutory audits / reviews of MNCs / large Indian Companies / Qatar based companies in various industries - automotive, banking, consumer goods, electronics, hospitality, manufacturing, metal, retail.
- Conducted internal audits and systems reviews of companies in manufacturing, tobacco, automotive ancillary - the objective were: enhancement of operational controls, cost reduction practices and improved information processing and dissemination.
- Carried out Business Valuations assignments for reputed Business Houses both in India and Qatar across various industries (software, electronics, automotive, shipping, dredging, insurance, risk management services etc.)
- M & A External consultant for companies in formulating strategies for proposed amalgamation / takeover.
- Assistance rendered to foreign companies in obtaining Foreign Investment Promotion Board / Reserve Bank of India approvals for establishing offices in India (Entry Advice) and in incorporating their companies in India (Corporate Finance).
- Coordinated and was responsible for special jobs like Financial Controls Assurance Review, Due Diligence Reviews, Investigation under Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (USA).
- Assisted World Bank in the preparation of a 'Financial Management System Manual' for the Tamil Nadu Urban Development Project II. This involved intertwining World Bank norms and procedures (especially related to procurement) with local government procedures and established work practices. The draft manual presented was adopted by the World Bank expert team from USA with minimal changes.
- Actively supervised Year 2000 risk assessment reviews for blue chip companies in aiding their task force in identifying and resolving Y2K software and hardware issues (with focus on Management Information Systems).
- Additional responsibility as IT Support Personnel in previous (Big 4) audit firm abroad.
- Actively involved in SOX Testing and Review Assignments for a leading international bank for reconstruction and development; a large consumer electronics MNC Giant
- Active speaker in ICAI Forums on Bank Audit, Accounting Standards, Auditing Standards, Tax Audit etc.
- Developed the Firm's audit methodologies including documentation approach to enhance quality of service and effectiveness and implement SQC Practices.
- ICAI Foundation - 34th All India Rank
- ICWAI Intermediate - 23rd All India Rank
ICWAI Final - 19th All India Rank
Committee member – The Society of Auditors, Chennai